My first finish for the year is Fire Wing Designs' "Or." I stitched the companion piece, "Tenné," first, because the colors were more interesting to me. I'm always drawn to reds, for some reason, and "Tenné" had them in abundance. I switched the recommended fabric for "Or" to "Monster Mash" Belfast linen, and I like it more.
I enjoyed stitching both "Tenné" and "Or." Each medallion was easy to stitch, and they came together beautifully. Both projects felt very peaceful to me, and I'm going to enjoy seeing them hanging on my wall (once I decide where to put them).
Now that "Or" is finished, I need to decide what to stitch next. I have a few ideas, but nothing concrete yet. And living in the boonies, I have to order everything online (or drive an hour and a half one way to the nearest Hobby Lobby). I'm thinking of "The Lord is My Shepherd" from the leaflet "Joy in the Journey," although I would definitely change the saying at the bottom. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment